Tuesday, July 30, 2019

Djembe!

Many years ago when I was living in Germany, maybe 1994, a very dear friend of mine Linda Rosenkranz who has the distinction of being one of the few female piano builders in the world, promoted a drum workshop at her farmhouse in a small village near Oldenburg where I was living at the time.

Why am I thinking about this now? Playing Djembe with David and friends brought back the more than 30 year old memories of the farmhouse in the woods where we "musicated" for three days and nights. It was a delightful afternoon and I'm happy to say I picked up the rhythm pretty fast. I'm all in now and I'm getting my own drum to add to the repertoire of Instruments I can play.

Playing with David reminded me of just how much fun I'd had in Germany and is just the boost I needed to get out and meet the local PVR artists. Any musical Expats in PVR? Let's get together and jam!

Please SUBSCRIBE to our  page. We escaped the stress and pressures of 9 to 5 living! Your $1 per month donation will help us to continue to share details as we achieve our goals and collaborate with ExPat groups dedicated to building new communities in Mexico. 

SUBSCRIBE HERE: www.patreon.com/ElReyandtheEmpress 


No comments:

Post a Comment