Sunday, August 23, 2020

HOME AT LAST - PART 3

Oooops!!!
Founding a new band with Alexander, Malte and Daniel focusing on original music exposing racial injustice was a good thing. It intensified the personal relationships we've nurtured over the years and gave us the chance to discuss the challenges of systematic racism with people who wouldn't have dared to approach the subject before the murder of George Floyd. 

And it gave people the chance to show their humanity by coming together to raise their voices against discrimination on every level, as well as supporting the movement with their presence at demonstrations and making donations to equal rights organizations.

My time in Germany was not only filled with serious endeavors, I had more fun than one can imagine visiting friends and eating myself from a size 12 when I arrived to a 14+ when I left. My friends really showed out making sure I was housed, fed, clothed and happy. 
February
August

Let's flip the pages back a little. As I said in an earlier blog, I started out in Hamburg visiting my newly wedded friends Love and Gregory. Shortly after my first concert which should have been in Hamburg was canceled. Next on the schedule was Weyhe, so I packed my bag and went to rehearse and perform with the gospel choir directed by Elisabeth Geppert. 

Luckily for us the lock-down had not yet been initiated, we had a full house and the concert went really well - except for the moment that I fell from the stairs in the middle of my favorite reggae gospel. Embarrassed but not hurt I sprang to my feet with the help of several choir members and continued the show.


1 comment:

  1. Happy you were able to recover and Carry ON. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete